This government grant is to help fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of our primary aged pupils.
In 2013/14 we received £975 which we used to contribute to the following areas:
- Training for sports lead to deliver lessons in new Fitness Suite.
- Lighter equipment appropriate for primary aged pupils.
- Purchasing small sports equipment to retain in the nurture provision for the specific use of nurture pupils.
This funding has supported us to ensure the primary pupils within the nurture base have direct access to sports equipment which not only supports their curriculum programme but often supports their therapeutic provision. The training and equipment relating to the fitness suite has allowed us to broaden the primary offer for sport and allow primary pupils to use the facilities on site to their full potential.
In 2014/15 we received £525 which we are using to contribute to the following areas:
- IPads and hand held projector.
- Additional training for sports lead in order to include Gymnastics in curriculum offer.
The equipment we have purchased has revolutionised the sports programme on offer at Sky. Pupils are able to research sports and technique, as well as making use of video facilities and projection equipment to provide immediate feedback. Additional training for staff has allowed further broadening of the sports programme.