We are working collaboratively with special schools throughout Somerset to provide a range of services that support pupils with special educational needs in Somerset schools. By providing this service we aim to:
- Increase the capacity for all schools to meet the needs of pupils with SEN.
- Offer a provision that responds to local area need as part of a wider provision map.
- Provide support by people actively teaching on a day to day basis.
- Increase confidence of teaching and non-teaching staff to deliver effective provision for all learners.
- Provide targeted support to meet the development needs of adults working with children.
- Work with a co-ordinated approach working with and alongside colleagues to complement and add value to support services.
Our offer responds to local needs and includes:
- Modelling of teaching and learning.
- Observing pupil and providing feedback.
- Training/SEN initial teacher training.
- Developing school to school support.
- Taking pupils on temporary placement (for example to avoid permanent exclusion).
- Sharing resources and providing guidance on their use.
- Running local networks.
- Support for Leadership and Management.
- Support for parents of pupils with SEN.
To access these services schools are advised to make contact with their local special school or another if the service you require is elsewhere. For a brochure providing full information of services on offer please Click Here.