All staff at Sky have level 3 Attachment and Resilience training and an introduction to becoming a Nurturing school.
At Sky College we have adopted the 6 guiding principles of nurture as defined by the Nurture Group Network:
- Student's learning is understood developmentally
- The classroom offers a secure base
- The importance of nurture for the development of self esteem
- Language is a vital means of communication
- All behavior is communication
- Transition is important in student's lives.
As well as whole school nurture ethos, we have specialist nurture provision for some students who are assessed and would benefit from this approach. This provision offers a small environment which is highly structured and offers opportunities to develop skills to support them when they go back onto the main campus. The curriculum focuses on key skills taught through project based activities and includes lots of opportunities to play and to explore learning. All students have access to therapeutic approaches to develop emotional literacy.